Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Had The Best of Wine-tentions

We’re having our one month of summer here in Seattle (aka August) and the temperatures have been crazy hot. I mean, it was 88 in my car yesterday! Alright, so that’s not Arizona-triple-digit hot, but that’s pretty much like Hades to us Seattle-ites. In accordance with this hot weather, I thought it would be refreshing to have a white wine spritzer one night after work. Besides the fact that it was a great excuse to get in my air-conditioned car and drive to Target, (have I mentioned I love Target?) I had actually never tried one before.

White wine and 7UP in hand, I arrived back home and began following The Pioneer Woman's protocol by making sure they were adequately cold. Both had just been sitting on the shelves, so to speed up the process, I put them in the freezer. Unfortunately, I got distracted by an episode of Real Housewives of OC (Gretchen’s proposal song, anyone?) and completely forgot about them, and making a white wine spritzer in general.

The next day, I’m rummaging in my freezer for something when I find a cork. Baffled, I also suddenly realize that there’s a strong aroma of wine coming from the freezer. And this is what I found:
On the plus side: 1. it was kind of cool to see a cork perfectly intact, and 2. I tried my first wine-sicle!


No comments:

Post a Comment